Moons Over My Hammy Recipe
These kids from Wacko drew my attention to the fact that Denny’s and hardcore shows have always had a relationship although not quite so direct. It’s one of the few late night places underage kids can after a show. We used to hit the one on Western Ave in Albany occasionally after shows. I’d always order the Moon’s Over My Hammy.
Thick Slices of Sourdough Bread
Stack of 2-3 Thin Slices of Deli Ham
2 Slices of Swiss Cheese
2 slices of American Cheese
2 Eggs mixed
- Butter one side of each sourdough slice and grill them in a cast iron pan.
- In another pan, brown a stack of deli ham slices without separating the ham and remove.
- Add butter to that pan and cook scrambled eggs.
- Remove the pan with the grilled bread from the heat but leave the slices in there as they finish crisping.
- Add swiss cheese to the unbuttered side.
- Stack the browned ham slices on top of the cheese
- Pile the eggs on top of that
- place the American cheese on top of the eggs
- Top with the other slice of bread and make sure it is adequately grilled on both sides.
- Slice diagonally
- Serve with fries or hash browns